Friday 8 July 2011

Social Media Marketing “To change is difficult, not to change is fatal”

Social Media Marketing To change is difficult, not to change is fatal 


“To change is difficult, not to change is fatal” – Marketing techniques are no exception to that rule. Companies which have enjoyed success with conventional marketing techniques often ponder if it’s worth the cost and effort to join the social media marketing bandwagon. The most widely prevalent concerns regarding social media marketing are:
Is social media marketing suitable for my business? Will it work for me?
 I strongly believe that if it isn’t right for your company, you are doing it the wrong way.


The influence of Social Media continues to inspire marketers around the globe to create additional sales opportunities, increasing the number of channels and networks through announcements of status, location, activities, and more. Users can publicise their activities to anyone that follows them, to interact with contacts either in real-time or through non-real time channels such as chat, voice calls, emails , etc. Real-time channels are equivalent to the users’ presence information and since social networks have been designed to enhance networking, development of communication channels that link into social media becomes all important.


All good things in this world are free and so is social media marketing. While conventional marketing techniques can often be a costly affair, social media comes to you at the best possible price – free.
So, while a social media campaign increases your revenue, it actually reduces your marketing costs. I’m not suggesting that you should hire a social media expert/ consultant irrespective of whatever business you are in, however it’s worth exploring the endless possibilities especially when you can do it on your own and at no additional cost.

Social Media is like a vehicle!!

Social Media impacts on me...
Social media is the “vehicle” I use to keep in touch with contacts, friends and family. It is the medium most used when I want to schedule something with a large group of people and it is the place I go when I’m bored and want to catch up on trends and  topics.I stay connected to the latest  news/updates of friends and famlies, without actually having to participate and let me tell you, with a brother and even my mother and dozen of aunties and cousins, there’s always something going on! 
In all, I believe that social media has impacted my life in a significantly positive manner and if the internet died tomorrow, I wouldn’t be the only one having mild panic attacks and anxiety at how in the world I would stay connected and where I would get my information!


No comments:

Post a Comment