Monday 18 July 2011



“A stereotype is a popular belief about specific social groups or types of individuals. The concepts of "stereotype" and "prejudice" are often confused with many other different meanings. Stereotypes are standardized and simplified conceptions of groups based on some prior assumptions.” -Wikipedia-

In my opinion, stereotype have been a people mind set of making assumption toward others. The sentences like ‘army is for men” while “chef is for women” is an example of occupation based on gender stereotypes. Those are good stereotypes although when the gender role have been changed, it’s still consider as okay in the end.

People always makes an assumption in their everyday life. Example like when I see an elegant beautiful woman, I will think that “oh maybe she doesn’t want to talk with me”, but surprisingly the elegant beautiful woman is very friendly. But not every people is same, I saw another elegant beautiful woman and my thought is that “oh maybe she is friendly”, but it turns out she ignores me which makes me want to rolls my eyes and say “whatever”.

So the stereotype conclusion is; don’t judge the book by its cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment