Thursday 7 July 2011

The social media really change my lifestyle.

"Never heard of  Myspace, Facebook and Twitter? You're such a lame person."

This phrase will automatically come out from our mouth if we know someone that never involve with the technology nowadays. Social media, designed to be the tools or medium for interaction with the people around us (through internet)  is creating a huge phenomena. An adult will spend probably about 15 hours per week on the internet. No more letters being posted to our house, asking our condition or even birthday cards or greeting cards. Social media really change our culture and lifestyle. Not much physical movement needed to talk with your neighbour or your friends. Just type it and send it. You can talk with them even if your'e at the end f the world. 

Moreover, the invention of smartphones leads to mobile type of social media. People will no longer talk with each other. They will just talk through Blackberry Messenger, Whatsapp and more. They tend to speak through Twitter even if their friends is just behind them or standing next to them. This really happen to me. I even tweet my own roommates rather than talk to them. Sounds ridiculous right? But this is the fact that social media changed my lifestyle. Every morning, I'll immediately turn on the laptop and check my Facebook notification, tweet that I've woke up on Twitter and read my timeline. All of them have become my routine. I think I spend about 6 to 10 hours surfing the internet. No more hanging out with my friends. No more chit chatting with my family and no more watching television. No more reading newspapers and also no more eating dinner with family.


Know what, there will be less kids playing at the playground because all of them tend to play games on Facebook and watch video on YouTube. No life. No more fun. Even my 10years old cousin has a Facebook account. During my childhood time, I didn't really know how to use a computer. Maybe I can just playing Paint, Solitaire or Minesweeper games. What a revolution isn't it?

Social Media also can bring up to either good relationship or bad relationship among our community. Sharing thought for example; certain people will accept our thoughts and maybe certain people disagree with it. So social media such as Blogger, will automatically be the medium for us to debate about our thoughts and ideas without any physical contact that may cause unpleasant scene. But, this Blogger thing may lead to hoax and troll activities. So beware guys. Our privacy is no longer private. We can share, but there's a limit. 

Furthermore, the social media is indirectly make the marketing chart polar increase. The online advertising through Blogspot or Social Network are the new way to advertise their products. Fast and convenience. No premises needed to sell your stuff. Just post the product's picture and details, and people will buy it. Other than that, the person who in-charged will know what are the customer's needs.

That's my perspective view of social media. Social Media really changes my life and people around me. So how about you guys? Does social media brings a huge transformation of your lifestyle?



3 comments:

  1. Yes, I really agreed the part where social media does bring good and bad relationship. It's the matter how how we apply the social media in our life. Yes, social media does bring a huge transformation in our life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup! exactly arvind. it is up to us to use it for good or for bad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree you about this "the invention of smartphones leads to mobile type of social media. People will no longer talk with each other". I think because they are more like to do their own thing or prefer to be alone :)

    ReplyDelete